Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Our family has been quite busy since my last post.

Last weekend we traveled home to AL for Nathan's ten year high school reunion. Yep, ten years. I began to think of my high school reunion coming up in about three years. I can't believe it has been that long. I guess the saying is true: Time flies when you are having fun. We enjoyed getting to see our family and friends as usual. Silas got to meet his Uncle Thomas and Aunt Debbie from VA for the first time, and they loved him. Silas also made his first visit to the Jackson County Fair while we were home. He didn't get beyond the front entrance booths, but he loved every minute. It was a short trip, but well worth it.

Silas has had a big week just by himself. He was 2 months old Monday! It has felt like we have had him for a lot longer than two months, but truely the time has flown. He went to the doctor on Tuesday for his check-up and his first round of immunizations. He was such a trooper. He didn't cry much when they gave him the shots, which was good for me. He weighed 12lb 6oz and was 24 in. long. He is still tall like his daddy. I hope he stays that way. If he has my good looks and Nathan's body structure, he will be in good shape. (Ha! Ha!) He also slept in his crib last night for the first time. I think it was harder for me than him, but he survived and so did I. Tonight, Silas will participate in his first outreach night at the church. He is so excited. He will be helping us make cookies for teachers at a local school. I hope this is the first of many. Friday is Northview's (the local high school) homecoming, so Silas and I are planning to go until half time if it doesn't rain.

Our church is still doing well. We are getting ready for Christmas. The choir is working on new songs, and there are plans for a Christmas play this year. I am excited about both.

Are you tired like me yet?
More to come from the Brown Family

No comments:

Post a Comment