It has been a while since my last post, so there is lots to tell...
Fall has finally arrived in northwest Florida (Thank the Good Lord)! I thought it would never get here. That is one thing I definitely miss about north Alabama...having four seasons. I spent all day Monday changing out my summer clothes for winter clothes. It made me so happy. The little things in life keep me going. I also spent Monday and part of Tuesday putting up Silas' clothes that he has outgrown. Yes, he has already grown to a 3-6 month size. I can't believe it! I know he is supposed to get bigger, but I didn't realize it would happen this fast. It seems like I blink, and he has totally changed again.
Silas has been quite busy the past few days. Last Friday night we attempted to attend the Northview high school football game. Silas and I had to come home early because of the cold weather. I think he would have enjoyed it more if he were able to move his arms, but I had him so bundled up he couldn't. For any of you who do not know, Silas hates to be bundled up. He needs to be able to move his arms freely. On Saturday, Silas went bowling for the first time. He did not enjoy this as much as I did. We took our Wednesday night class bowling. The highlight of the day was Silas riding in his carseat without crying and screaming his head off. Those times come few and far between. Sunday was restful for all of us. Silas took a good nap, which almost never happens on Sunday, and I got a nap as well. It was great! Monday, Silas attended his first associational meeting. He did pretty good. During the evening worship, he was trying to preach with his dad and the other preachers. Nathan said he could hear him all the way down front where he was seating. Silas and I were sitting in the back of the sanctuary.
I have been feeling extremely guilty about not having Silas's picture made, so last night a friend from church came over and took some pics of Silas. It was so much fun, and Silas was happy and extremely cooperative. We plan to to them again to get some better shots. I can't wait!
That's all for now, but there will be more to come.
School Christmas
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment