Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009




There is much to tell this week, so I'll try to keep it brief and coherent.
This past weekend, Nathan and I had Silas' baby dedication at church. It was such a special time for all three of us. For anyone who is not familiar with baby dedications, it has nothing to do with salvation. It should really be called a parent dedication. This is something that was created for parents who wanted to show their appreciation and dedication to God for the life that He has given them. Nathan and I are committed to raising Silas the way God wants us to based on His Word.
We were sad because we couldn't have all of our family and church family to share in this, but I guess that's what happens sometimes when God moves you five hours from home. We did, however, have some special people in our church participate in the ceremony. Bro. Mark Digmon, one of our deacons, lead the ceremony. Mrs. Hilda Malone prayed for Silas and Bro. Steve Leonard, another deacon, prayed for Nathan and me. Raising Silas the way God wants is not going to be easy, but Nathan and I are ready and willing to take on the challenge because we know that God will be with us and bless us for it.

On a lighter note...Silas has officially become a thumb sucker. I know what all of you are thinking, "This will be hard to break," "Will he not take a paci?" "You should have given him the paci." I agree that this will be hard to break, and yes, we tried to give him a paci. However, we cannot sleep with him in the bed at night, which is when he sucks on his thumb the most. During the day, I try to pull his hand away from his mouth hoping that will help. Maybe it won't last long. (Ha! Ha! Yeah right) I am trying to get pictures of him sucking his thumb, but when he see s the camera, he stops doing anything and has this blank look on his face.

For those of you who don't know...Silas hates riding in his carseat. Actually hate is not a strong enough word. He loathes it. Sometimes he cries so hard that his hair is completely wet and so are his clothes. I don't understand it. We have tried talking to him, playing music, and the paci, but nothing seems to work. I took him to P'cola with me yesterday to do some grocery shopping. I put some hanging toys on his seat, and I thought that was going to work. Well, it did for a little while, then he was over the toys and cried for about ten or fifteen minutes. He is so pitiful when he does this. Nathan and I want to get him out of his carseat so bad, but we try to be strong and wait until we are close to home. I am praying he grows out of this before our next trip home to Alabama at Thanksgiving.
Last night we went to a volleyball game for one of our kids in church. We have to bundle up like it is winter because the gym is so cold. Silas loved it! He was cheering for the girls and watching as they hit the ball over the net. Luckily they won in three games...they play best three out of five. Silas was tired after that, so we ate and went to bed as soon as we got home.


2 comments:

  1. Grace is a total thumb sucker as well. My pediatrician said not to worry about it until she's 4. I guess after that, it can mess up the shape of their little mouths. He's a cutie! He looks so much like Nathan in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wesleigh Anne is also a thumb sucker...haha! But, I must admit that I was a thumb sucker until I was much, much too old and I grew up to be a semi-normal, productive human being so hopefully they will all be okay.

    ReplyDelete