Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Finally getting back to the norm...

WOW!! Crazy does not even begin to describe the month of January for our family. We have had so much going on this month, but I think things are finally starting to get back to normal.
So to update everyone on the craziness...
After Silas and I got back to FL, it took me two weeks to sort and put away all of our Christmas gifts and decor. I never thought it would take that long, but I have discovered that with a little one everything I do takes longer. The next week our church experienced the death of Mr. Russell Black. Nathan preached the funeral on Friday morning, and then it was off to AL for Nathan's Granny Pauline's funeral. Yep, that's right. We drove back to AL with Silas screaming almost the entire trip. He started crying before we even got to the interstate this time. We stopped at a gas station, and I turned his car seat around to forward facing. At first he couldn't decide if he was happy or mad. He quickly chose to stay mad and cried the rest of the way home. We even tried giving him a small dose of Benadryl, but that didn't even phase him. He did the same thing coming home on the following Tuesday. Nathan and I were ready to pull our hair out by the time we got home. After we got home, another church member suffered a death in her family. Mrs. Milligan was 95 years old when she passed away. Nathan preached her funeral this past Saturday. I told you we had had a crazy month. Nathan and the College and Career Sunday school class will be leaving this Friday to go to Pigeon Forge for a retreat. Silas and I are planning to stay in FL because I can't ride nine hours with a screaming baby.

Now for a Silas update...
Silas is now 6 months old!! I can't believe that it has been six months already. Time has truly seemed to fly by. We still haven't given him any baby food, but maybe the doctor can help us next week. He is still not sleeping through the night like he was before Christmas, but he only gets up one time. I can handle that. His personality is definitely coming out more now. He laughs and plays with Nathan and me, and we just crack up laughing at him. He still loves his jumperoo, and we put him in it when we need him to burn off some energy. He can almost sit up on his own in the floor, and he has even started pulling his knees up in position to crawl. I am thinking it will not be long until he is crawling. He has discovered that he has a tongue. It is the funniest thing to watch him stick it out and make sounds with it. He jabbers often, and Nathan and I even think he can say momma when he really wants me. It's really just the m sound, but it sounds just like he is saying momma. I love it!! He has been a little bit of a momma's boy the past couple of weeks. I enjoy it because I know that there will come a time when he will not want me, but I feel bad when he cries with other people. He definitely has rolling mastered. He rolls all over the floor in our living room, usually away from his toys. I can't figure that one out. I put him close to his toys, but he generally rolls the opposite direction. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it.
I'm hoping that we are done with the craziness for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment