Nathan and I have been married for three years, and just recently added our son Silas to the mix. Nathan is the pastor of Ray's Chapel Baptist Church in a small community in McDavid, Florida, and I am working as a domestic engineer, a.k.a. homemaker. We are enjoying living the life that the Lord has planned for us and our family.
I have said many times that it's the little things in life that make it great. Well, tonight our family experienced a little thing that most families would not think twice about. Our family loaded our first dishwasher in almost four years. That's right. We got our dishwasher delivered yesterday and then got everything hooked up this afternoon. It was so great to load dishes as I cooked dinner tonight. A dishwasher is such a luxury for our family, but we are grateful to our church for helping us get one. With the new baby coming, this will allow me to have more time to spend with my little bundles of joy. AND I can talk Nathan into loading and unloading the dishwasher easier than persuading him to wash the dishes by hand. Silas helped me load the final dishes and get the washer started. It will take some time to teach him that once the dishes go in they can't come out until they are clean. He will love being a good helper to unload. He loves to help me do things around the house. Today was laundry day, so he helped me separate clothes and put them in the washing machine. I will need the help when the new baby comes along. I hope he still wants to be my big helper. Here are some pictures of us washing our first load of dishes. It's the little things, right.
No comments:
Post a Comment