Silas is finally sleeping through the night!!! I can't believe it myself. When we started training him to stay in his room, I thought is was a lost cause, but for the past three weeks, Silas has slept in his own bed. We now have a bed buddy, Mr. Frog, and that has been a miracle worker. Silas would start crying when we even mentioned going to bed, but since we adopted our bed buddy, all is well with the world. Silas goes right to the bedroom and gets his bed buddy and is ready to rock for a few minutes and go to bed. I can only give praise to the Lord for how Silas is doing. There were many times that I wanted to go in there and get him, but I knew that he had to learn to get himself back to sleep. I told myself about a month ago that the next baby would have to be different...so says all first-time parents. I will definitely start training the next baby before it can talk. Hearing Silas call out for me in the middle of the night was killer. Luckily he didn't cry more than 5 long minutes at a time. I know some kids cry a lot longer than that, which is miserable for the child and parents.
Baby Citrus, as my nephew likes to call our new baby, is coming along nicely. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago, and the heartbeat sounded great. We find out if we are having a boy or girl at the end of the month. We are so excited! Nathan says it is a girl, but I recently decided it was a boy. Everyone at church has been aggravating me about it being a girl. We will see what the Lord has in store for our family.
Silas is growing like a little weed. He can say about ten words, but anyone other than Nathan and me would probably know what he is talking about. He loves to throw balls to us or anyone who will play catch with him. He also likes to play with a train set that a church member gave to us. The trains link up magnetically, so Silas tries to link up his other trucks to the trains. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. He has also recently fell in love with the movie Bolt. He wants to watch it every day. It is usually our afternoon activity while I am cooking supper. I know you shouldn't use television to babysit your child, but it sure does help to keep him occupied while I am getting things done around the house. I have also started doing some simple calendar stuff with Silas. Nothing major...it only takes us about 5 minutes in the morning, but it gives him something to look forward and gives our day a little more structure. We put a sticker on each day of the calendar and sing a few songs about the date and the days of the week. We also talk about the color and shape of the sticker. Super simple, but he seems to enjoy it.
Silas has become such a good helper. He loves to help with tasks around the house. He loves to help with laundry, throwing things in the garbage, and unloading the dishwasher. I can't wait to do more things with him. He is getting so big so fast, but I am finally enjoying EVERY minute of it.
School Christmas
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment