Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Well, it has been almost two weeks since baby Hudson arrived.  Things have gone well here at home.  Hudson is doing what almost every baby does: eat, sleep, and poop.  Silas is still adjusting to having a new baby in the house.  
I have to admit that I feel like such a mean mommy sometimes.  Silas has gotten several spankings since we have been home.  Don't get me wrong; I know that he will not act perfectly, but I was hoping that I would not have to spank quite as much as I am having to do.  Silas doesn't understand why I can't pick him up and carry him, and I have not been able to get up with him in the middle of the night like I usually do.  Nathan has been great to get up with him, but it hurts my heart to hear him crying for "Mommy" and I can't go in there because I have to feed or tend to Hudson.  I think that has been the hardest part for Silas: sharing my attention.  Please pray for him to understand what is going on, and for Nathan and me to be considerate of what he is going through.  

Hudson is doing well.  He has had a couple of bad nights, but overall he is doing great.  We take him for his first check-up this Wednesday, so hopefully everything will be ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment