Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

So Hudson was four weeks old this past Wednesday.  I can hardly believe it!  He has grown so much in the last month.  We took him for a two week check-up and he had already gained 1 1/2 pounds and had grown 2 1/2 inches.  The doctor said that I must have really good milk.  I guess he is right because Hudson seems to be literally growing like a weed.  He is already in a 0-3 months.  For those of you who don't think that is a big deal, Silas did not start wearing that size until he was almost three months old.  I don't worry about keeping up with Hudson's feedings because the Lord has blessed me with enough milk to feed him and probably a couple more.
Silas is talking up a storm now.  We still have a hard time deciphering what he is saying sometimes, but for the most part, we can understand everything.  He is such a little man now.  All the baby is gone and the toddler has emerged.  I have told several people that I feel like I missed six months of his life the two days I was in the hospital with Hudson.  He is like a completely different child.  He definitely knows what he wants and can tell you over and over and over again until you give it to him or just ignore what he is saying.  We still have crying meltdowns, but hopefully those are just part of being a two year old.   He loves his baby brother.  He loves on him, and I know he can't wait until he is big enough to play.  
Life with a two-year old and an infant is interesting.  I struggle with giving them both the attention they need.  I feel like I never give them enough, but I'm sure that every mother feels that way at some point.  I know the Lord will continue to help me navigate through this new phase of my life.  He has to, or I will never be able to make it.  

Here are some pics of the boys that we took the other day.  Hope you enjoy.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment