Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We are officially mobile...

Silas is officially mobile. It is so funny to watch him. He doesn't completely crawl yet, but he pulls himself across the floor like an army man. It is so cute. He screams and laughs when he sees something he wants and starts heading that way. He has discovered the DVDs on the bottom of the T.V. stand, so we have to keep him out of those.
He has cut his first two teeth on the bottom. It hasn't been very much fun, though. He has stopped sleeping through the night, and wakes up at least twice. Luckily, I can just rock him for a few minutes and he goes right back to sleep.
He seems to have gotten the hang of eating now. His palate is developing beautifully. He enjoys eating all fruits, of course, and some veggies. Peas, sweet potatoes, and carrots are his favs right now. A friend of mine gave us this teether that has a mesh bag-like thing connected to a plastic ring that holds pieces of food. When he chews on the food, he gets the flavor but we don't have to worry about him choking. It is great!! I love to watch him chew on a grape or more recently a piece of fresh peach. He is definitely gaining weight. He feels so heavy every time I pick him up.
Nathan and I are having so much fun with him right now. I know the fun has just begun.

2 comments:

  1. Watch out! It's a whole new world now.....but so much fun! We miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and also- i lost your cell! Been meaning to call but I don't have your number- can you text me yours or give me a call so we can catch up?! It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete