Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Will we ever sleep again?...


Being a mom is one of the greatest joys of my life. I enjoy spending time with Silas playing and seeing his personality come to life. However, I will be so glad when he finally sleeps through the night. We have had problems with him sleeping since Christmas. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I wish I could find a solution other than giving him Benadryl. I have talked to many people about this and have gotten lots of advice. It could be that he is teething, or maybe he just doesn't require as much sleep. Either way, Nathan and I are almost at our wits end. Last night Silas woke up at around 12 and didn't go back to sleep until almost 2, then woke again around 3:45 and finally went back to sleep sometime this morning. Nathan got up with him the second time while I got a little sleep. We have tried letting him cry it out, but he is still crying an hour later. We pray that the Lord will help Silas sleep better and that we would be patient and loving with him during this time. He is such a sweetheart, but sleeplessness would send any human over the edge.
On a better note...Silas has found his way into the kitchen and even down the hallway into the bedrooms. Nathan and I said this morning that we would have to definitely safe-guard the house, especially the outlets. Silas loves to crawl into things. We have a new T.V. stand with an open space on the bottom, and he loves to crawl into it. He is so funny. He has recently discovered he has a voice, which is so cute. On the other hand, having this voice during church is not so good. He tries to outpreach his daddy almost every Sunday. I have been trying to transition him into the nursery, but that is a chore in itself. Silas is definitely a momma and daddy's boy, so he won't really stay with anyone else without us around. He ends up crying and screaming, and by that point, he won't have anything to do with anyone. It's all a learning process, but we are having fun learning.

2 comments:

  1. We went through the same thing with Grace and the sleeping. We finally let her cry 2 hours one night when she was a year. We went in there twice (didn't pick her up), said shhhh, laid her back down, and left. It was torture, but after that night, the crying fits dropped to 30 minutes, 15 minutes, and later that week she was sleeping through the night. Before that we let her cry an hour, but always broke. It was so hard hearing her crying, but now she sleeps through the night every night. Hang in there- you'll sleep again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah did the same thing. We took her to the Chiropractor. And she was changed forever!!!

    ReplyDelete