Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

9 Months Already?

I can't believe that Silas will be 9 months old tomorrow! It has really flown by. He has really been growing and changing in the last month. He is crawling a little more now, and I mean a real crawl, not that army crawl that he normally does. He is so funny because when he wants to get anywhere fast, he resorts back to the army crawl. He is quicker that way. We have had to barricade him in the living room because he is such an explorer. We bought our first gate last weekend, and we have to close all of the doors to the other bedrooms. I don't know what we will do when he starts walking. He is a smart little cookie, though. He was in the bedroom with me the other day, and I put his Baby Einstein play center in front of the bathroom door hoping that he would pull up on it and play. He was to smart for that. He just crawled through the bottom of it and came right on in the bathroom with me. I just laughed. He is also starting to play with us more. Last night we were stacking some blocks, and he couldn't wait to knock them down. When I tried to keep him from knocking the tower down, he just cackled out loud. Nathan and I laughed and laughed at him.
He is becoming much more sociable with other people now. We are truly grateful. He will let just about anyone hold him for a little while, but soon wants his mom or dad. I am trying to teach him how to sit "quietly" in church on Sunday nights. Let's just say it is a work in progress. I carry a backpack full of toys, and by the time the service is over, all of the toys are laying in the floor. That would be o.k. if we didn't sit on the front row. I have told some of our members that if they ever need to use the alter on Sunday night, they will just have to kick our mess out of the way. Like I said...it's a work in progress. I look forward to what the next month brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment