There is lots to tell in this blog, so I will try to keep it clear and to the point.
Silas has started walking now. He started a couple of weeks ago, so he is really getting around good now. I can't believe how he has grown. He is definitely developing a little "sinful" personality now. =) It started as screaming at us when we would tell him no or not let him do something. We got that under control. Then he started growling at us like a bear. At first it was so funny, but it soon became his way of acting out. We got that under control. Now he is snarling his nose at us when we tell him no or keep him from doing what he wants to do. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I guess that beats screaming and growling. He is generally a happy baby, and keeps us rolling with his funny facial expressions and mannerisms. He has also opened up to a few people at church, which is a relief for me. I want him to be a friendly baby.
Silas also just made it through his first Bible School here at Ray's Chapel. He has so much fun playing in the nursery with the other kids. The workers told me that he and another little girl just played and played. They think the two of them could make it a day on their own. =)
Now for the real news...We are getting ready for Silas's first birthday celebration this weekend. Wow! I can hardly type that phrase: first birthday. It's hard to believe that Silas will be a year old next week. We are super excited about this weekend. We will have a house full of family and friends. Every bed, couch, and floor space will be occupied. We can't wait!! I am planning on decorating Silas's birthday cake, but I am leaving the cake everyone will eat to a professional. It is sure to be a day of fun in the sun.
School Christmas
8 years ago


Happy Birthday to sweet little Silas! I can't believe he's a year- I saw him at just 6 weeks. We've got to get together soon (maybe Christmas....and then you can meet Lily!)
ReplyDelete