We are finally connected to the outside world again! Our computer has been on the fritz for almost a month now. We finally got it back last weekend, but our internet air card would not work. Go figure. We got it working earlier this week. I know it has been forever since I last posted, so I will try to catch everyone up.
Silas's birthday was a blast! We had lots of family here to celebrate with us. My mom and dad, my two sisters, my brother-in-law, two nephews, Nathan's mom, sister, and her two kids. Silas didn't know what to do with all the playmates. He loved every minute of it. We had lunch here at the house with family and some friends from church, then we let Silas and the other kids, including Nathan, play outside in the pool and on the slippin' slide. Silas also got so many great gifts. He got a wagon and tricycle and several other great toys. He loves to ride in the wagon. He and I take out the trash and go for walks around the house and church. He also loves the big blow-up car that he got. He climbs, rather falls, in and out of it all day.
Nathan and I have been busy as well. Nathan has preached two revivals in the last month, which is exhausting but a wonderful blessing. I have been doing a Bible study on Thursday nights with some of our youth girls.
Silas is walking all over now. He loves to play chase with us in the house. He just laughs and laughs. He is not talking yet, but doing a lot of grunting and yelling. When you find what he wants, his whole face lights up. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen. It's like he is telling us "Good job, you found it." He has also discovered that he likes books. He wants us to read to him all the time. He brings me book after book wanting to read. I love it!! I look forward to what comes next.


No comments:
Post a Comment