Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A boy of little words...

My little man is almost 15 months and doesn't have much to say. He onlyt has a vocabulary of about three words right now, and that includes momma and daddy. He does a lot of grunting and pointing to get what he wants. It is funny to watch him when we finally find what is pointing at or grunting for. He just smiles and almost shakes his head yes sometimes. Just because he doesn't say much doesn't mean he doesn't know what is going on, however. Yesterday afternoon, we were getting ready to go outside to play. I told Silas to let me put his shoes and socks on. When we finally got that done, I told Silas that I was going to go the bathroom before we went outside. My little shadow followed right behind me. When I finished, Silas saw my tennis shoes in the floor. He picked them up and tried to give them to me. Telling me that I needed to put my shoes on as well. I told him I was going to wear my flip flops, but that would not satisfy him. He kept picking up my shoes and socks and trying to give them to me. I finally got him to understand that I was wearing my flip flops. He is so observant. He watches everything around him, and we figured out last night that he can open the Vaseline container. When our dinner guests were getting ready to leave, I called for Silas to come help clean up the toys. He had gotten quiet, every parent's nightmare. When Nathan went into his room, he had the Vaseline all over him. I think he had put some in his mouth as well. Luckily, he didn't get any on the furniture. It was mostly on his clothes. I guess we have more babyproofing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment