Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

Our holidays have gotten off to an interesting start this year. Silas and I both have had a stomach virus. Lots of fun, right. I stayed quarantined last Thursday because of the virus. We thought that Nathan and Silas was going to get by without catching, but around 2 a.m. this morning, Nathan and I awoke to Silas crying and calling for "Momma, Momma!" I thought he had just woken up again and could not go back to sleep. Nathan went to get him and just let him sleep with us for a little while, but he came back in the bedroom holding Silas out saying that he had vomited all over the crib. (To keep from being gross, I will refer to the vomiting as accident) This is not something you want to wake up to at 2 a.m.. I got Silas cleaned up as best I could while Nathan worked on the mess in the crib. We got back into our bed around 2:30 a.m., but not even ten minutes later, Silas had another accident. This time it got in his hair, so we had to take a quick bath. Once we got all of that done, we went into the extra bedroom because our sheets had to be washed of course. Silas had one more small accident then finally fell asleep and slept until 7:30 this morning. I, on the other hand, could not go back to sleep because every time Silas coughed, I was afraid he was having another accident. I feel an afternoon nap in my future.
Silas has done better this morning, but we are taking it easy. Only liquids and a cracker so far. I hope Nathan doesn't get it next. Apparently the stomach virus has been going around in this area. I have heard of several people who have had it in the past couple of weeks. Hopefully we can make it through the rest of the holidays without another case of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment