Happy late Thanksgiving! Silas and I traveled home to Alabama the Friday before T'giving, and had a great time taking it easy and seeing family. Silas traveled great on the way to Alabama. I don't think he made a sound the entire trip. I was praising the Lord the whole way there. Everyone couldn't believe how much he had grown. It's hard for us to notice because we see him every day. Thanksgiving Day was great! I got to eat my Granny's dressing, which is the best in the entire world. I was able to watch her make it this year, and I wrote down the recipe. I feel like I have a family secret now. Silas did great! We had to travel to four different places, and Silas was trooper through it all. He didn't fuss any. I think there was so many new people and things to see that he was content the entire day. Most of you know now that I am making Jon Jons for Silas. He wore one of them Thursday for Thanksgiving, and he looked so cute. A sweet lady in our church embroidered the front for me, which made it even cuter.
We were able to get Silas's picture made. I know we have waited so long to do it, but I wanted Mrs. Dryden, the greatest photographer in the world, to take the pictures. Silas did so good. I think they are going to be really great. I will post them as soon as I can. If anyone is interested in seeing some of her work, check out her website. I will put it on my links.
My family and I always go shopping on Black Friday, and this year was no different. We just added one more to the group. Yep, Silas went shopping with us. He was so good all day long. My aunt Dolores enjoyed strolling him around in the mall, and I know he liked it as well.
We came home on Saturday afternoon. Silas traveled pretty good until the last hour and a half. He cried for about 45 minutes straight. I think he was happy to be home with some of his toys that he hadn't seen for a week. He just played and played when we got home. We also brought home a head cold with Silas and Nathan.
We took Silas to the doctor yesterday for his 4 month checkup. Yep, that 's right, 4 months old. I can hardly believe it myself. He weighed 15lb 13oz and was 25 1/2 in. long. The doctor said that he was developing like any healthy 4 month old should. We are looking forward to seeing him sit up and start to crawl in the next couple months. He loves to talk to us especially when he wakes up in the morning. I just know he will be saying momma and daddy soon. That is going to be so awesome!


No comments:
Post a Comment