Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 26, 2011

So today I have felt like the meanest mom in the whole world.  I think all I have done all day is said, "No, No Silas"  "Don't do that Silas"  "What are you doing Silas."  I have not had any patience with Silas today AT ALL.  Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one who loses control and feels like they are on edge all the time.  I love my kids, but today I felt like I could have killed my precious Silas.  It is by God's grace that I did not.  That is such a terrible thing to say about your kid I know.  He is so busy and gets into everything so quickly.  It is hard to keep up with him at times, and today was worse because he would not lay down for a nap.  I tried for a while, but with Hudson now, I just didn't want to fight that battle.  
I have realized today that I am going to have to have things planned for Silas to do if I want to keep my sanity and have a healthy relationship with my son.  I so want to be one of those mothers that focuses more on the good behaviors of her children, but I find myself focusing on the bad right now.  Silas is such a sweet boy at times, and I just want to enjoy having him.  I pray the Lord will help me just love him for who he is, and nurture his busy spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are totally NOT the only one that feels this way. I have been struggling with this for a few months now (not constantly, but we definitely have our rough days). I think the sleep deprivation also adds to the impatience, and the fact that our time is spread so thin. I am reading a book called "Loving the Little Years" and I love it. I am also about to start reading "Give them Grace." Praying for you- you are a wonderful mother- and I appreciate your honesty. Oh, and let me know if you still can't access my blog.

    ReplyDelete